Course description – this course is designed to provide the learner with the practical skills and knowledge to enable them to apply the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® approach to their workplace and support learning into practice through coaching, mentoring, debrief and recording.
Course aim – upon completion of the course, participants will have extended their knowledge of PROACT-SCIPr-UK® to enable them to coach and mentor others within their practice.
Duration – minimum of 12 hours taught time usually delivered over 2 consecutive days.
Target audience – carers or professionals who provide support to adults or children with any of the following conditions: autism, adhd, intellectual disabilities, emotional, behavioural and social difficulties, mental health conditions or dementia.
Pre-requisite knowledge and skills – participants must have successfully completed a PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Introductory & Foundation Course and at least one annual refresher.
Assessment method – formal practical & theory assessment.
Objectives & learning outcomes – this course is a certified course and is designed to comply with the Restraint Reduction Network (RRN) Standards.
On completing the course learners will be able to:
- understand that behaviour serves a purpose.
- name the four functions of behaviour.
- implement the elements of the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® whole approach.
- identify the health & safety and risk assessment associated with the use of audit-based physical interventions.
- demonstrate competence in the audit based physical interventions taught in a training environment.
- understand the importance of relevant legislation and guidance to working practice.
- provide an overview of the key elements of active support and understand how this facilitates learning.
- discuss the importance of quality assurance.
- understand the importance of staff support and incident debrief.
- have a practical understanding of coaching and mentoring and how it supports learning into practice.
- understand their responsibilities when implementing PROACT-SCIPr-UK®.