Course Duration: ½ Day which provides a basic introduction to the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® philosophy and approach. This course is provided as a consultancy for new organisations and may be adapted as an awareness course for new staff as part of their induction programme.
Target Audience: The event is designed for new organisations wishing to find out more about the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® approach with a view to implementing the approach within their service or alternatively it can be adapted for new staff as part of their induction programme. Participants for this course would usually be commissioners of services or training, or new staff providing support to individuals with:
- An Intellectual / Learning Disability.
- Autistic Spectrum conditions.
- Special Educational Needs.
- Additional needs that may result in socially inappropriate behaviour(s).
- Social and Emotional Difficulties associated with behaviours of concern.
The course is usually provided at our Head Office in Basingstoke and can be delivered to individuals or families / carers.
The programme will include:
- An introduction to the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® philosophy – the whole approach
- Staff duties within the law and organisation policy
- Recording, reporting & monitoring
- Health & Safety
- Staff support
Feedback from our recent courses
• Very informative & enjoyable, useful to my role.
• Very useful, learnt a lot.
• Enjoyed the course
• Delivered calmly, interactive and would lower inexperienced staff anxiety around challenging behaviour. Liked the emphasis on environment. Set a good context for understanding behaviours.
• Very good training made me understand some of the things i don’t know. I felt that the course outlined everything it said on the pack. I can go away thinking i can always email the trainer which i leave on a positive note.
• It was excellent!! Thanks a lot for your support.
• The new skills & knowledge will certainly help me to cope with my sons challenging behaviours in the future. Marvellous, professional teaching skills of the trainer.
• It showed me what I could do differently. Very helpful & Gives that extra confidence.
• Trainers very knowledgeable on the subject
• Very enjoyable & has given me a lot of information & direction to look at implementing.
• Very professional approach & sessions full of support & understanding. Well organised & highly beneficial
• Very professional-thank you.
• Good course & tutors
• Excellent training, information will be displayed & passed on across my service