Course description – this course is designed for those who are required to teach PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Introductory & Foundation courses to staff within their organisation.
Course aim – upon completion of the course participants will be able to teach PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Introductory & Foundation courses within their organisation.
Duration – five days over 6 months comprising of an initial four-day intensive block culminating is a final assessment day at the end of the 6 months.
Target audience – professionals whose role requires them to provide in-house training to staff within their organisation which typically provides support to adults or children with any of the following conditions: autism, adhd, intellectual disabilities, emotional, behavioural and social difficulties, mental health conditions or dementia.
Pre-requisite knowledge and skills – successful completion of a PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Introductory & Foundation Course, minimum of 2 years supporting individuals who challenge and a professional qualification to Level 3 or above.
Assessment method – group work, formal practical & theory assessments, portfolio and a reflective account.
Objectives & learning outcomes – this course is a certified course and is designed to comply with the Restraint Reduction Network (RRN) Standards.
On completing the course learners will be able to:
- understand that behaviour serves a purpose.
- understand what is meant by challenging behaviour.
- understand the importance of knowing the individual, and the function of behaviour.
- demonstrate an understanding of the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® whole approach to include proactive, active and reactive interventions.
- understand how relevant legislation and guidance influence working practice.
- understand the importance of a values – based approach to support.
- understand the importance of positive behaviour support and least restrictive practice.
- understand the importance of recording, reporting and debrief.
- identify the health & safety issues associated with the use of audit-based physical interventions.
- demonstrate competence in the teaching of the theory and practical elements of the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® curriculum.