Course Duration: Two day theory and practical course to introduce the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® philosophy and where required some early Physical Interventions.
Target Audience: The course is designed for personnel employed in education, social care or healthcare services who are required to support individuals who may present with challenging behaviours. In addition this course forms the pre-requisite training for potential PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Instructor candidates. Delegates will usually be in a supporting role within their organisation which provides services for;
• Children with additional needs that may result in socially inappropriate behaviour(s).
• Children and adults with autistic spectrum conditions.
• Children and adults with a learning disability
• Pupils with special educational needs.
• Children with social and emotional difficulties associated with behaviours that challenge.
• Adults with a learning disability and/or autism who are detained under the Mental Health Act.
• Children and young people (up to the age of 19) who are detained in semi-secure and secure settings or who are detained under the Mental Health Act.