Focusing on the Positive
PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Autumn Conference 2020
1st & 2nd October 2020
Apollo Hotel , Basingstoke Hampshire
To consider how positive psychology, resilience and strengths-based approaches can influence the quality of life and positive outcomes for the individual, the staff and the organisation.
- Delegates will understand the importance of knowing the individual they support
- Delegates will understand how Organisation Behavioural Management (OBM) can influence positive outcomes for the individual, staff and the organisation.
- Delegates will acquire additional ideas designed to influence their daily practice
- Delegates will have the opportunity to network with colleagues providing support in a variety of settings.
- Representatives from commissioners, organisations, parents and carers who provide support to individuals who may present with challenging behaviour in a variety of settings to include Autism, Learning Disability and Mental Health services as well as Dual Diagnosis. Many will be PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Instructors.
Dr Peter Vermeulen PhD – Autism in Context, – Autism and well-being: from neurodiversity to neuroharmony.
Leah Fennema Hall BCBA – Lux Consulting – Focus on the positive: Staff and systems.
Dr Luke Beardon – Autopia – Autistic Utopia, A vision for the future.
Gabrielle Rowles – FHEA (Education) – Boingboing.org.uk – University of Brighton – Resilience in Schools – Making Resilient Moves.
Lesley Schofield, Julia Rudolf, Vanessa Willis – Staffordshire County Council – Implementing the SCERT® Model.
Anne Laney – Us in a Bus – Using Intensive Interaction to strengthen relationships and reduce anxiety.
Emma Brindley MSc, BCBA – Organisation wide PBS to support positive outcomes and reduce restrictive practices
There will also be a variety of workshops providing knowledge and practical skills for professionals, organisations, parents and carers, and an opportunity to celebrate good practice at an Awards Dinner on the evening of 1st October 2020