Bespoke consultancy – available by application to parents, carers and PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Instructors who are struggling to find a solution to an issue either around the implementation of the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® approach, a scenario, or an individual.
Consultancy sessions are organised as required and are held at our head office in Basingstoke.
Duration – Usually ½ day. Where there are more than 2 individuals / issues requiring discussion, or where additional training is required this will be extended.
Target audience – parents, carers, or PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Instructors who provide support to adults or children with any of the following conditions: autism, adhd, intellectual disabilities, emotional, behavioural and social difficulties, mental health conditions or dementia.
Pre-requisite knowledge and skills – a minimum of two of the attendees must be PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Instructors for the service (N/A for parents/carers).
Assessment method – in the event that additional physical interventions are taught the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Instructors will be required to complete a practical assessment.
Objectives & learning outcomes – this is a bespoke session where the learning outcomes and course content is informed by the information provided on the application form.
Participants can expect to receive information around the following topics:
- understanding behaviour and trauma informed care.
- functional assessment.
- understanding the needs of the individuals you support.
- positive behaviour support and the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® whole approach.
- proactive, active and reactive strategies.
- calming techniques.
- non-restrictive reactive strategies.
- managing the environment.
- the legal context.
- health and safety.
- post incident support and debrief.
- risk assessment.
- record keeping.
- organisational implementation.
- staff training and development.