PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Positive Behaviour Support Planning Course
Course Aim: PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Instructors will further develop their skills and knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support Planning, enabling them to contribute to the development and implementation of Multi-element Behaviour Support Plans within the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Whole Approach.
Course Duration: One day, followed by 5 self-directed learning activities (approx. 3 hours) and access to ongoing support via telephone / email
Target Audience: The course has been developed for personnel who have previously attended the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Instructor Course and are employed in education, social care or healthcare services who are leading a team of staff in the implementation of Positive Behaviour Support for individuals with Learning Difficulties, autism spectrum conditions or complex needs.
Course Objectives / Learning Outcomes:
* Learners will be able to describe Positive Behaviour Support and identify and implement key principles of behaviour within their practice.
* Learners will be able to explain the impact of the environment on behaviour and demonstrate this through constructing example four term contingencies.
* Learners will gain knowledge of the role of positive programming within Positive Behaviour Support and will be able to demonstrate this through constructing key skills teaching protocols.
* Learners will be able to identify different focused support strategies and explain how differential reinforcement strategies are implemented.
* Learners will be able to explain the process of Functional Assessment and identify how relevant information is collected to construct a formulation. * Learners will be able to provide a step by step explanation of the Positive Behaviour Support process and demonstrate their knowledge of the breadth of proactive strategies within PROACT-SCIPr-UK®.