Dates on Application
“Supporting Parents and Carers with the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Whole Approach“
Course Duration: One day interactive course which sets the context for behaviours of concern and provides suggestions for practical hints, tips and guidance to support.
Target Audience: The course is designed for parents and families, carers and foster parents who are supporting someone with:
- An Intellectual / Learning Disability.
- Autistic Spectrum conditions.
- Special Educational Needs.
- Additional needs that may result in socially inappropriate behaviour(s).
- Social and Emotional Difficulties associated with behaviours of concern.
The course is usually provided at our Head Office in Basingstoke and can be delivered to individuals or families / carers.
The programme will include:
- An overview of ASD/Challenging Behaviour
- Understanding Behaviour & the Causes of Challenging Behaviour
- Reactions to Crisis Situations
- Communication Tools/Techniques
- How to Manage Challenging Behaviour
- Proactive & Active Strategies to Support your Child